The ASHOF is proud to induct 11 outstanding athletes into the ASHOF at its annual Induction Banquet to be held on March 3, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at the Statehouse Convention Center. We invite you to become a sponsor, reserve a table, purchase individual tickets, or purchase a program ad for this spectacular event honoring these athletes, who are some of Arkansas’ best.
- A.J. Burnett – an outstanding professional baseball pitcher who has spent 17 years in the majors.
- Bill Davis – an auto racing extraordinaire whose cars and racers have had unparalleled wins.
- Paul Juels Jones – a 4-time state tennis champ, who turned pro, ranking 2nd nationally in her division.
- Greg Koch – a U of A standout, All-SWC, All-Decade, and member of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame.
- Almer Lee – an All-State Ft. Smith Northside basketball star who became an All-SWC player for the U of A.
- Barry Lunney, Sr. – one of AR’s top high school coaches with 17 conference & 8 state championships.
- Fred Marshall – the U of A quarterback great who led the Hogs to a national championship in 1964.
- Pete Mead – a top Golden Gloves, middle-weight boxer who turned professional and had 39 wins.
- Bryce Molder – pro-golfer & 1 of only 4 NCAA Division I players to be named All-American 4 straight years.
- Niall O’Shaughnessy – U of A track star, conference champion, 6-time All-American, and Olympian.
- Bill Phillips – 4-yr ASU letterman, All-SLC, 1st Team All American, SLC All Decade Team, & ASU Hall & Ring of Honor.
The mission of the ASHOF is to honor and preserve the history of Arkansas’ greatest sports heroes and to encourage and support higher education by awarding scholarships to deserving high school student-athletes. We will be awarding five scholarships at this year’s banquet. Proceeds from this event benefit the ASHOF, allowing us to continue to fulfill its mission, and are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.