The mission of the ASHOF, is to (a) honor and preserve the history of individuals who have brought honor, prestige, and fame to the state of Arkansas through outstanding achievement, accomplishments, and contributions in amateur and professional sports and (b) encourage and promote higher education through the funding of scholarships to deserving student-athletes.
Our 2017 Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame Inductee Banquet will be held on Friday, March 3, 2017. At this banquet the ASHOF will be presenting four $1,000 scholarships to Arkansas high school senior students who will be enrolling in an Arkansas college. These scholarships will be awarded to two male and two female recipients.
All scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the Arkansas college each student will be attending. A distinguished panel of ASHOF Board members, some of who are also ASHOF inductees, will screen and review all essays submitted, and all winners will be notified by February 15, 2017. All decisions of the ASHOF will be final.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Must be a graduating senior from an Arkansas high school (AAA member) for school year 2016-2017.
- Must be attending an Arkansas college or junior college (private or public) as a freshman the following fall 2017.
- Must submit an essay to the ASHOF for evaluation postmarked or emailed by January 13, 2017. Address is noted below. All submissions after this date will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please mail or email an essay to the ASHOF at the address below and state how participating in high school sports has made a positive impact on your life. No cover page is necessary. THE ESSAY SHOULD BE NO LONGER THAN THE FRONT OF ONE STANDARD TYPEWRITTEN PAGE, SINGLE SPACED. Essays longer than one page will not be accepted. Quality over quantity!
At the top of the essay page, the following information MUST be provided:
- Student full name and address
- Student gender (male or female)
- Student home or cell phone number
- Parent or guardian home or cell phone number
- Student and parent email address
- Name of Arkansas college you plan to attend
Mail or email your scholarship essay to:
Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame
#3 Verizon Arena Way
North Little Rock AR 72114
Have questions or need assistance, LET US KNOW.